Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Express Yourself: Unique Nail Designs



Nail art is taking over and this time the trend is all about self-expression. Whether you are super girly and love the color pink or you want to celebrate the holidays in an artistic way, your nails are a perfect place to show off. Everywhere you look in the media you see nail designs getting more and more exciting. Fuzion Magazine has a great spotlight on a nail artist that is taking nail art to the next level. If you are tuned into social media then you've probably gotten stuck staring at tons of pictures of nail designs on Pintrest or shared a picture of your own nail creation on Twitter. In the past chic nails meant sleek nails. French tip was all the rage when I was in high school, but I never liked the boring white stripe look. I always loved bright and vibrant colors that popped. Another favorite thing that I loved to do was paint my toes a different color than my hands, however my mother always frowned upon that. So for many years I stifled my impulse to mix and match, but now the more mixed up your colors are the more on trend you are. Now that multicolored nails are in style I don't have to feel like I'm committing a fashion faux pas. The more eccentric your nails are the more fabulous they are. The days of French tips are now coming to an end. One of my favorite new nail designs is the Caviar look. This look is pretty yet daring at the same time. I think the little beads add depth and dimension to your nails. If you don’t have the budget to buy the Caviar nail kit, try cupcake sprinkles. The goal is self-expression to the max.  Your nail art is a reflection of your personal style so make them stand out.


 

1 comment:

  1. This makes me want to go get a mani. How embarassing...

    ReplyDelete